Newspaper Interview and New Oncology Survey

Thursday, October 14, 2010

When I agreed to help the Canadian Breast Cancer Network with their campaign to promote Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day, I also agreed to do any local requests for media interviews.

Yesterday I did my first phone interview with the Edmonton Sun. If you are from the Edmonton area I invite you to pick up a copy of today’s newspaper or here is the online version. Unfortunately there are a couple of misquotes but I hope I was able to get the main message across.

Secondly, I wanted to share some information with you. The Canadian Breast Cancer Network put out an online survey directed at medical oncologists across Canada. The survey was about the importance of progression-free survival and the government funding process for late stage cancer treatment. I've added  a couple of links below so you can read more about it.

For the news release … click here.

For the results of the study … click here

.

No comments:

Post a Comment