Feeling Better after a Rough Patch

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My coughing from allergies is way better and I’m crediting that to our first snow fall.

As this past Monday wore on, I thought … is my urine getting darker? Sure enough, Tuesday morning, my first pee of the day shocked me. It’s was a dark brown color. I contacted the research nurse and she asked if I was turning yellow … jaundice. I said no. Great she said, we’ll do blood work on Thursday when we see you. She reminded me to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water every day. And sure enough, after drinking a whole bunch of water … my urine is now clear again.

Apparently my billirubin levels were sky high to begin with and that combined with the Brivanib I just started; my liver just isn’t able to properly remove the bilirubin from my body. It then exits through the kidneys and into the urine turning it dark brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment