Yet Another PICC Line Cover

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This is my second time having a PICC line and both times bloggers have sent me a link to the site Finding Jenn Project Blog which offers info on how to knit an arm-ling PICC line cover. 

On the weekend I decided to head over to the local craft store where I picked up a 5mm circular knitting needle and a skein of worst yarn to match. Not knowing which size would be best for me; I cast on 52 stitches and knitted the whole thing up only to find it was way too large for my arm. The 9 inch length was ok but the diameter was too large. 

On my second attempt, I decided to cast on 44 stitches. This arm-ling is a much better fit but I’m actually knitting one more … this time 40 stitches and see if that is a better fit. Just for reference, my arm circumference including the bulge of the PICC line is 11.5 inches.

Now I’m just waiting for the weather to improve so I can wear short sleeves and take the arm-ling out for a test drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment