Chemo Day

Friday, June 18, 2010

I just got back from my Vinorelbine chemo. Normally my appointment takes just over an hour but today it was two hours. The nurses were busy with someone who was having an allergic reaction to their chemo, so everything got backed up a bit. They kept apologizing for the wait … I said no troubles … I would want the same attention if it were me. Besides, it gave me a chance to make small talk with the neighbors.

Once the nurse started my infusion, it didn’t take long for me to feel nauseous, way more than last week. As it was all going into me, I could really taste and feel the chemo and the saline flush. Yik! And on top of that, my nose was really sensitive to all the medical smells. Don’t know what was going on with me today but boy o boy was I glad to get outta there.

It’s sunny and warm here and my next move is to throw a blanket under a shade tree in the back yard and lay down. I need some of nature’s good healing

No comments:

Post a Comment