Low Blood Protein

Monday, November 8, 2010

During my Onc visit this past Thursday they said my blood albumin level was lower than it should. Albumin is protein made by the liver. Low albumin could be a sign that my liver is struggling or that I’m low on eating enough high protein foods. Maybe it’s both.

I say it’s more likely that I’m not eating enough protein because when I started the Brivanib, I was having so many issues, a couple being nausea and cramping in my belly. That is when I decided to completely cut out dairy products out of my diet. I’ve found from previous experience that occasionally chemo and dairy don’t mix. I’ve done this before and had low albumin.

Anyways, this past weekend I’ve started to introduce dairy products back into my diet and so far so good. I’m hoping that just a bit of dairy daily and a protein shake, I should be back to normal soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment