Fluid in my Calves and Ankles

Monday, November 15, 2010

For about a week now, I’ve been having this thick feeling in my calves and ankles. I figure it’s a buildup of fluid also known as edema. It all feels tight … sort of like I’m wearing support hose when I am not and my legs feel stiff like boards.

Yesterday I noticed indentation marks around my ankles left from the elastic socks, tho my shoes still fit fine; I know it’s only a matter of time. When I was on Taxotere in 2008/09, my ankles became so swollen I had to cut the sides of my socks to allow for expansion. And my feet were so full of fluid that 99% of my shoes didn’t fit, they were just too tight. And when it got to that point, I wasn’t very steady on my feet anymore either.

It’s a side effect of Brivanib because when the Onc was first examining me before I was approved for the trials drug four weeks ago; he said … now let’s have a look at your ankles. I knew then it only meant one thing … I will be losing those beautiful thin ankles of mine. Darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment