Tucson Hospitality Inn

Monday, August 13, 2007

When I announced I'd be having chemotherapy and my folks would be coming out for the duration of the treatment, my good friend and of the best damn reporters at the star, Carol Anne Alaimo, made reservations for my folks at the Tucson Hospitality Inn.
This place is great and I'm forever grateful to her for this.
Started in 2003, it's a full acre, walled in villa, off of Edison between country club and Tucson in midtown Tucson. The place was created for patients and families of patients getting treatment in Tucson. It's basically a fully furnished house with four guest rooms (my parents and uncle johnny each have their own). There's soundproof "media room" complete with TV, cable, and theater seats, a fully stocked pantry, a full stocked kitchen, small pool and a 3,000 square foot patio with two barbecues. They're paying $35 a night.
The guy that lives on site, his name is Lou and he's got a faded swallow tattoo on his right forearm. nice guy with an old east coast accent.
He was telling us the inn is barely getting by, but the work is important and necessary.
so...if anyone is feeling charitable, send 'em some $$$ when you can.
www.tucsonhospitalityinn.org

No comments:

Post a Comment