Rocio and the last day of my first week

Friday, August 17, 2007

My dear friend Guadalupe Rocio Chavez arrived to Tucson last night. the last time we saw each other I was dressed in drag in the middle of rum & rebellion's mini-bay area tour in October. we first met on our way to Ft. Benning, Georgia in 2000 to protest the School of the Americas, now known as the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation. democracy instituted through the barrel of a gun. Anyway, we were both USF students then and had a lot to catch up on --- our follies, adventures, heartbreaks and whatnot. it's good to see an old friend, hear her stories from LA and SF.
I'm excited to get to the clinic today and get this week over with. everyday I wake up i count one less day of chemo and one less day of having this damn shunt in my wrist.
I've got the hospital smell all over me now -- on my breathe and on my skin. no doubt it's from having so much saline and drugs and more drugs injected into me. so i especially enjoy showers like i haven't in years.
well, expect more news today as I'm awaiting word of becoming uncle again via the birth of Phil and Dianna's first child.

No comments:

Post a Comment