The First Third

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I completed my first full round of chemotherapy yesterday. Yeah!! break out the beer, tequila, champagne and I'll raise my IV in toast.
seriously though, the first round is done. Dr.Ahmann, my oncologist, seemed pretty impressed with the way I'm holding up. he reiterated how heavy the chemo doses are, noting that if any of my doses were doubled they would literally kill me. of course he said this in front of my mom.
otherwise things are well. he encouraged me to exercise as I feel up to it (meaning walks or a bit of yoga) and he gave me a prescription for ativan should I get really sick again. I don't know what Ativan is made of but it knocks you out pretty solid.
Second round begins Monday morning (yes, Labor Day) at 8 a.m. with blood labs (routine drawing of my blood to check on my white blood cell count) and then three to four hours of a chemo. cocktail.
should you care, here's the schedule for the second round of chemo.:
Sept. 3 - Sept. 7th (three to four hours each day)
Sept. 11 (a little more than one hour)
Sept. 18 (blood labs, appointment with Ahmann and about an hour of chemo -- pretty much all morning and into the afternoon)

No comments:

Post a Comment