The Chills and Fever after Chemo

Monday, August 9, 2010

Shortly after breakfast I started feeling a bit off and got the chills. So I went to bed and asked D to throw another comforter on top of me. After a couple of hours, I thought … this doesn’t seem to be working so I got up. I decided to check my temperature … sure enough, it was up at 37.5°C. Had chemo last Friday and the Onc said… if my temperature ever goes over 38°C, to call the triage nurse. I’m not there yet.

It’s sunny out …maybe if I go shopping in a hot car that should make things better … right? I went out and realized I forgot to put my lymphedema glove on after brushing my teeth. Darn I thought. I soon realized that I’m freezing in the store. Maybe I’ll leave here and go to the park and sit on a sunny bench. As I was leaving the store, I just about got into a car accident … I just plain old turned in front of someone. My next thought was, I better get home … I’m just too dozy to be on the road.

At home I checked my temperature again… 38.1°C… ek. Ok, I’ll check it in half an hour, 38° … that’s better. Half hour later, 38.5°. Didn’t call the Onc. 

This up and down temp thing went on all day: I started feeling better around 6: had some toast at 7: and I went to bed at 10: still hovering around 38°. 

Woke up this morning feeling a little off …but my temp is good at 35.6°.

No comments:

Post a Comment