Chemo Yesterday

Saturday, August 7, 2010

I had chemo yesterday and it went well with just little a bit of nausea. At home, I was gassy and ended up with diarrhea later in the evening. I went to bed my normal time and feel asleep pretty quickly. The nite was broken up with washroom breaks but I woke up this morning feeling pretty good. Even better after a couple of strong joes.

So … I’ve been thinking about all the chemo I’ve had over the years. Friday was my 31st cycle since August 2008…. 20 Taxotere, 8 Xeloda and 3 Vinorelbine … oh yes, back in 2000 I had 6 FEC.

If someone was to tell me this was going to be my future, I would have said no way and probably given up a long time ago. I wouldn’t have believed I was strong enough of a person to go thru all this.

I remember struggling at the half way mark of FEC wondering if I could do the other half, I was so puking sick. Then I struggled with 10 cycles of Taxotere, thinking there is no way I can do any more. Well I was sooo wrong about that.

So here I am, some 10 years later and 36 rounds of chemo in me and I’m ready to do whatever it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment