Unscheduled Clinic Visit

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Last night the redness from my infection crossed the line drawn in by the Onc. And it’s more painful. D wanted me to call the clinic immediately but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I really don’t want the PICC line pulled out of my arm just yet. 

This morning I finally gave in and called the clinic as instructed by my Onc. I asked if I could come in and have a nurse look at it. The triage nurse said we don’t normally take walk-in traffic but … if I wanted to come in, she’d come down and have a quick peek. Excellent …that is all I want. 

D and I headed straight over there. The nurse had a look and said … well, even tho the infection has crossed the line it doesn’t look too bad yet … besides it takes two or three days for the antibiotic to kick in and since I had only been taking them for just less than two days, we could probably wait a bit. “Keep a close eye on your temperature.” she said and off we went. 

Perfect … I could now enjoy the weekend. To celebrate, we went out for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment