PICC Procedure and Chemo Infusion

Friday, May 21, 2010

This morning I had my PICC line inserted. A doctor first attempted to use the same PICC vein used last year but after two attempts he said there was too much resistance and we needed to find another vein. So he moved to the cephatic vein which is located more to the front of my upper arm. That one went in like a breeze. Besides the needle for the freezing … I really didn’t feel a thing.

After changing back into my street clothes, the nurse wheeled me to Daycare for my Vinorelbine infusion. The actual infusion was only about ten minutes but between that, the flush and the liter of saline, I was outta there in just over an hour.

My chemo cycle is a little bit different this time too. It’s still a three week cycle but with treatments on two of the weeks and one week off... nothing like changing things up a bit.

Overall, I’m feeling fine … a bit woozy as I was getting the chemo but really nothing to complain about. I go in tomorrow for a dressing change on the PICC line just to make sure everything is fine … after that it will be weekly changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment