One Caring Gal... Renee

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When I first started blogging in August of 2008, I was furiously searching the web to find other people blogging with metastatic breast cancer. I found Renee from Circling My Head, who not only had metastatic breast cancer; she had been on Taxotere too. Wow two things in common. I was so happy to find her. Someone who was going through what I was going through.

After eight treatments, the Taxotere was really beating me up ....with no end in sight. I asked Renee how many treatments she had. She replied 22 or 24 ... she couldn’t quite remember. I said to myself ... if she could do that many ... so could I. Honestly, she is the reason I got through my 20 treatments at all.

She left me so many inspiring comments on my blog ... often using the most colourful adjectives to describe cancer and its effects. Some days she helped by making me smile, others she helped me cry it all out. She always knew what to say. She gave me encouragement, just that little bit I needed to get through that day or that particular part of my cycle.

I’m very sorry to say, my good friend Renee lost her battle this week ...



No comments:

Post a Comment