"Here We Go"

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Dr. Ahmann, my oncologist, has a way of foreshadowing each visit. his first comment when he sees me usually gives me a heads up, like the time he walked in and asked why I was making things difficult for him. at the time the tumor markers were going up and down and inconclusive. so, I walk in today and see him at the front counter where he says he thinks he knows what we need to do. and what we need to do is consider his recommendation that I begin three courses of chemotherapy, to begin either this Monday or next.
my sick sense of humor -- in the back of my mind, way behind all the talk of cancer and tumor markers and chemotherapy and time off work and physical side effects and everything, the old bouncing souls tune "here we go" is playing. just ask Brendan -- I'm sure he can sing it word for word, but all I could remember was the chorus which is: "here we go here we go here we go/here we go here we go here we goooooo/here we go here we go here we go/here we goooo/gooooo/goooo/gooo" it's really reminiscent of Shakespeare, isn't it.
here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment