Part 2

Friday, July 20, 2007

Those days, those long days and even longer nights now blend together into a single event…P-days, or processing days are meant to easy the transition in to Navy life easier.

I spent more time trying to stay wake then I did learning anything. Now at this point in my life training ive pulled all nighters and gone a few days without sleep. Easy right? HA!! For those 10 or 12 days, I averaged 3 hours of sleep. See, all my life ive had the honor…no, the privilege of always being grouped up with some of the most stupid mother fuckers to have ever walked this earth. Why should the Navy be any different. I was grouped with some really stupid people. P-days should only take 5 days or so. But, seeing how I never had any good luck, it took 10 or so. Yet those days with Division 426 were some of the happiest days of my life. They had names that read like a WWII roster. There was an instant bond…black, white, Asian, Mexican, Guatemalans (haha), all walks of life, rich, poor, the middle class…no one cared. They main goal was getting to the fleet. If that meant bunking with a black guy…so be it. Its one of things when people ask me if I would go back into the Navy. My answer is yes. People ask why. And my response is one that I can with god’s honest truth…you wouldn’t understand.

When I look back at those days, I cant help to smile a little. They were days were it was so hot, the base was closed to all physical activity. There was rain…no, it was more like biblical rain, snow tears, and nights we went to bed wet. Easily I would have done anything for those guys. To this day, if I would run into them on the street…they would be welcome into my home.

My luck would kick in the balls by my 4th week. At some point, whether it was in my head or not, I was getting sick. I was getting Colds, coughing up lung butter on an almost daily basis. There was a few of that developed Pneumonia, making us LLD for almost a week. But in an interesting twist of fate, they Corpsmen at Medical decided to give me a chest Xray.
And so the story can begin…


Top 5 Things I learned in the Navy

1. How to walk
2. How to fold clothes
3. The Navy doesn't have a word for pockets
4. Always carry stuff on your left hand. Your right is for saluting
5. Everyday is an easy day

No comments:

Post a Comment