Building My Stamina Up

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Next week I’m off to a metastatic breast cancer conference ... so I thought I’d try and build up some stamina by walking a bit more and/or just being on my feet a bit more. So the last couple of days I’ve been quite active … spending time at the mall and such.

What I found is that my stamina is pretty good but the bottoms of my feet are sensitive. It doesn’t take long for them to feel like they are burning up. I had thoughts of sticking them into a bucket of ice water to get some relief.

Way back when, my Onc suggested I get some gel insoles for my shoes, so today I picked some up. I’ll let you know how they work out.

I should mention, today is the last day of my Xeloda pills so I’m thinking the side effects should start tapering off. In the mean time, I’m going to give my feet a bit of a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment