My Medicine Bag

Monday, January 18, 2010

This past year and a half I’ve had quite the variety of side effects from my two chemotherapies. To help myself along, I purchased a little plastic organizer for all my cancer related medical stuff. I need to have someplace where I can keep things organized. The issue is I can’t remember where I placed this or that and I don’t have the patience to go look for it.

Probably the most important item in the container is my thermometer ... a must for every chemo patient. A normal temperature is paramount and I’d have to say everything else comes in a close second. To help prevent any chance of infection, I try to keep my stuff separate from Ds and don’t share... things like nail clippers, polysporin tubes and the Q-tip container. I regularly wipe things down with alcohol wipes to make sure it all stays as clean as possible.


I find this container is a perfect size and if I’m traveling, I just toss it in my carry-on. That way I pretty well know that I have everything I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment