Burning Under Eyes

Sunday, January 10, 2010

This morning I woke up with burning sensation under my eyes, right where the crust forms from the Sandman. What began as itching has turned to burning. I washed my whole face and put lotion in that area and felt relief real quick.

About a year ago, when I was getting a Taxotere infusion, one of the nurses and I discussed its side effects. She asked how my eyes were and I said runny. She asked if I felt any burning under the eyes like some of the patients were experiencing. Apparently the chemo was coming out via the tear ducts and burning the skin under the eyes. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing back then but I think that is what is happening to me now. I’ll discuss it with the Onc when I see her in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment