This And That

Sunday, September 20, 2009

The other day we found a card from our neighbor in the mail box. Inside it said something to the effect ... if there was anything they could do to help. Yesterday, she dropped by with a Saskatoon pie and again reiterating that they would be willing to drive me to appointments if necessary. How nice is that?

Well it didn’t take long for me to open up that pie. I’m still struggling with my taste buds but you know with a little ice cream, I thoroughly enjoyed my piece ... and D his. It’s been a while since I’ve had Saskatoon anything. I grew up on a farm and back then my mom did a lot of canning. That was one fruit that was free and plentiful as the berries grew wild. There was never a shortage of canned Saskatoon. It brought back memories of the old days.

This week, emotionally I’ve been feeling very grumpy. Not sure what that is all about. I may have to give myself a good swift kick in the ass. I think some of it has to do with the fact that I haven’t been feeling the greatest. I’ve had a sinus headache for most of the week. In the mornings, I wake up and sit in a chair in the living room staring at the wall for about 20 minutes just to drain some of the fog out of my head. Usually after a coffee, I’ll start feeling better; I think it’s because hot fluids loosen up some the stuffiness. I’ve been taking Benadryl thinking its environmental allergies but it doesn’t really do much. I do feel a bit better as the day goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment