The Healthy Kitchen for Cancer Prevention presented by Breast Cancer Yoga.
How to make quinoa:
1. Soak 1 cup of quinoa for 1-2 hours, rinse and then add into 2 cups of alkaline water, bring to a boil again and then simmer until water is absorbed.
2. Brown mushrooms first (secret from Julie Child) then add
3. Green, yellow, and red organic peppers, (wash and chopped)
4. Add celery, carrots, nuts, dried berries & fruit (your choice)
5. Spices: Frontier garlic powder, Cayenne, turmeric & kelp (instead of acidic black pepper) and himalayan salt
6. Combine ingredients: quinoa, vegetables, nuts, fruits and spices
Benefits of Quinoa:
Quinoa is an amino acid-rich (protein) seed, celery is is a very good source of vitamin C, carrots has traditionally focused on carotenoids and their important antioxidant benefits, onions are surprisingly high in flavonoids, Bell pepper is an excellent source of carotenoids, cranberries protect our cardiovascular system and our liver and are the richest in health-promoting antioxidants berries.