Looking Back One Year

Saturday, February 20, 2010

I went back in my blog ... one year to see how I was feeling for 1 week. I remember feeling pretty down in the dumps as the Taxotere side effects were really rough. And the steroids just added to it. As I read my posts ... my first reaction was ... hey, I think I wrote pretty clearly. That surprises me because my brain was under such a chemo fog ... I wasn’t sure what I would find when I re-read some of my stuff. 

As I read the posts, I remember feeling quite ill, moody and hopeless. I remember having terrible sleeps filled with nightmares and the days were filled with aches and pain and miserable feelings. The focus back then was to get through the day and then through the night ... and not much more. I remember feeling this was a one way experience ... I’d get worse and worse and then die. 

Never did I think I would go onto a new chemotherapy that would give me back some quality of life. I feel so much better now. 

My goal today in writing about my experience last year is to show that there is always hope.... things do change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment