A Week Since Chemo

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thanks to Ativan, I had another great sleep. I didn’t even wake up feeling groggy as I have in the past. Anyways, I won’t be taking anymore this cycle. I try to keep the usage to about two or three pills per three week cycle. I don’t want to get used to them and render them ineffective.

One of the other side effects of chemo that I’ve always experienced is these little white pimples on my nose and “T” area of my face. I usually get about 10 or more of them and boy are they ever itchy. Sometimes they are so itchy; I’ve woken up in the middle of the night. When I squeeze them ... they bleed like crazy. This time, I only had three and they didn’t really bleed too badly at all. Speaking of bleeding, I have had only had one nose bleed, tho when I blow my nose ... there is always some blood in the mucus. That should taper off in a few days.

This cycle has been one of the easiest to date. I’m not quite sure why but the side effects from the chemo can vary so much. I just wish I could figure out what I did right in this cycle to ensure that all future ones are like this one.

In a short while, I’m off to the clinic for my PICC dressing change and later this evening to my class at the college. Next week I have a 10-12 page paper due ... I’m more than half done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment