"Inside Dan" - A look at the MRI & PET Scan

Thursday, April 24, 2008

When I went to pick up the original files of the MRI & PET scan so the surgeon Dr. Brumund could take a closer look at the job we were requesting, I asked the labs to make an extra DVD of each set of images so I could see what all the fuss was about.

Here you can see a single still image from about a thousand images on the MRI. The video below is just part of the PET scan images. In the video I guess the trouble is the three dark regions that create kind of a triangle in the left shoulder. It's all pretty cool, huh? No wonder these tests (and having cancer) is so expensive.

I go in for a pre-operative meeting tomorrow morning with an anesthesiologist & someone else in preparation for what we hope will be a double biopsy (lymph node in the shoulder and bone marrow in the hip) next Tuesday. (Sounds fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment